to Those Injured
Los Angeles Car Accident Lawyer
I Was Injured in a Car Accident Do I Need an Accident Attorney?
Have you suffered significant car accident injuries in Los Angeles? Power Trial Lawyers is prepared to fight for you to get the justice and compensation you deserve, whether from a truck, car, motorcycle, or a pedestrian accident.
Being involved in a car accident has the capacity to cause life-altering injuries. If you have sustained serious injuries due to a motor vehicle accident caused by another driver, you are likely entitled to compensation. Unfortunately, insurance companies don’t play fair when it comes to paying injured parties what their claim is worth. They are notorious for attempting to pay pennies on the dollar for the physical and emotional trauma that car accident victims endure.
How a Car Accident Attorney Can Help You
When you engage with Power Trial Lawyers, our exemplary Los Angeles car accident attorneys will explain the compensation process to you. We will gather information, guide you on the steps to take, and ensure you avoid slip-ups that cause poor compensation and payment delays. Our team will fight tirelessly to ensure that accident victims receive the appropriate compensation that allows them to recover from physical and emotional injuries.
Our experienced car accident lawyers ensure you receive the compensation you need to cover your:
- Current and future medical bills
- Property damage
- Emotional distress
- Pain and suffering
- Lost work time
- Vehicle repair and replacement
- Punitive damages
Types of Car Accident Injuries We Handle
In 2021, car crashes killed 294 people and injured thousands more in Los Angeles. Car accident injuries can range from minor injuries that heal quickly and have a minimal impact on your life to severe injuries that can impact your life for decades. More serious injuries may result in time out of the workforce and limit your ability to enjoy the quality of your life. Power Trial Lawyers evaluate the current and future impact of your injuries when preparing your case. Common car accident injuries we handle are:
- Soft tissue injuries: Includes moderate to severe damage to your muscles, ligaments, and tendons. These injuries limit movement for hours, weeks, or years—depending on the severity.
- Head injuries: Minor head injuries cause headache and dizziness, while moderate to severe head injuries cause internal bleeding, concussion, and seizures. Serious head injuries can have lifelong implications and may require ongoing care.
- Chest injuries: Commonly caused by the steering wheel, seat belt, and dashboards. Injuries range from noticeable bruises, broken ribs, and internal bleeding.
- Back injuries: Occurs on any part of the back, with the most common area being the lower back. Injuries range from painful bruises, cuts, and, more severely, spinal cord injury.
- Arm and Leg injuries: Most bone fractures occur in this region. The forearm and hip bone take the highest percentage.
Our professional skills improve your chances of getting justice and receiving the compensation fit for your injuries. Our primary goal is to get you the best results and lighten your financial burden so you can focus on the most important goal of healing and getting back to your life.
Los Angeles Car Accident Insurance Claims
California is a pure comparative fault state, meaning an injured party can receive financial compensation even if they were partially responsible for the accident. In most car accident cases, the courts will assign a percentage of liability to each party. When you’ve been injured and decide to file a claim, you are entitled to damages that primarily fall into two categories.
Economic damages are quantifiable, and their values rarely change. The damages are also verifiable, measurable, and real losses. They include:
- Medical expenses
- Past and future lost wages
- Household services
- Vocational rehabilitation
- Property damages
- Out-of-pocket expenses
- Lost earning capacity
Economic damages in California are not capped. You can recover the full spectrum of the damages if you hire experienced attorneys who can successfully prove liability.
Non-economic damages are non-monetary losses that cannot be financially quantified. These damages are subjective and often subjected to strict guidelines because they are complicated for juries to calculate. Examples of non-economic damages include:
- Disability or disfigurement
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Reputation-related losses
- Loss of companionship or consortium
Most non-economic damages do not have a cap in California. There are several exceptions to this rule, such as injuries you sustained while under the influence if you did not have active car insurance or were escaping from or committing a felony crime.
Power Trial Lawyers have your best interest at heart, and we will ensure we tick all the boxes of the damages you qualify for and help you get what you deserve.
What to Do After a Car Accident
- Get the other driver’s documentation: Politely ask for the other driver’s license information, license plate number, registration, insurance information, and contact information. These details will help you contact their company to pursue compensation.
- Take photos of the accident scene: If you are mobile, take photos that show signs of negligence or ask someone else to take them on your behalf. Take photos of missing traffic signs, vehicle damage, tire marks, and your injuries.
- Report the accident to relevant authorities: Inform the local authorities such as the police to come to the accident scene to take statements of all parties involved. Inform your insurance company and give them the relevant information about the accident.
- Seek medical attention immediately: You need a medical evaluation after a car accident. Some injuries take days to manifest, and insurance companies can claim it was from a different incidence. You will have a medical record to prove your case.
- Contact an experienced car accident attorney: Talk to your attorney before conversing with the other driver’s insurance company. You do not want to answer a question that will reduce your chances of compensation.
What Not to Do After a Car Accident
- Do not apologize at the accident site: Avoid saying sorry because the insurance company can try to use your words against you. Apologizing can be used as an admission of guilt; the insurance company may deny compensation.
- Do not agree to a recorded statement: The other driver’s insurance company may reach out to you to ask a few questions. They will inform you they want to record the call. Stop the conversation at this point and contact a lawyer to speak on your behalf to avoid giving contradictory information.
- Do not post accident-related photos on social media: Insurance companies try to deny claims using all means possible. For example, if you have a claim pending for an injury, posting photos of yourself engaging in almost any activity can be used in an attempt to prove your injury is not as serious as claimed.
Why Choose Power Trial Lawyers for Your Car Accident Case?
We are fully committed to helping our clients get the compensation they deserve to help them in the recovery process. We have assisted hundreds of injured victims in receiving meaningful economic compensation. We aggressively tackle claims for damages, and insurance companies know we do not back down from pursuing fair compensation from the at-fault party. Our attorneys are:
- Transparent: We share all information with you and honestly give you the possible outcomes of your case.
- Accessible: We are your trusted partner in your legal claim process and are always available to hear your concerns.
- Reputable: Our successful cases speak for themselves, and our clients speak highly of our accomplishments.
- Well-informed: We keep learning and researching to ensure our knowledge and practices are up-to-date and success-oriented.
Power Trial Lawyers go the extra mile to ensure you receive full compensation for the damages you experienced and help you get your life back on track. Talk to us today.
- Distracted Driving Accidents
- Elderly Car Accident
- Fatal Car Accidents
- Head On Collisions
- Hit by a Drunk Driver
- Side Impact Accidents
- Teen Car Accidents
- Texting and Driving Accidents
- Drunk Driving Accidents
- Aggressive Driving Accidents
- Read-End Accidents
- Highway Accidents
- Back-Over Accidents
- Cell Phone Car Accidents
No Fee Unless You WinFill out the contact form or call us at
(844) 844-POWER (76937) to schedule a case evaluation.